The Theological Commission was organized as a service of APTA to encourage theological scholarship among Pentecostals in the region and to assist in sustaining and enhancing the growth of the Pentecostal movement.
1. To identify and monitor theological developments and trends.
2. To provide resources for APTA member schools by issuing occasional papers and articles on significant issues.
3. To conduct theological symposia.
4. To encourage emerging scholarships among Pentecostal believers in the region.
1. Sponsors forums for theological discussion.
2. Publishes scholarly monograph series and bulletin.